Explanation and solution:
When an "Unknown Error" occurs, a log with the error details is automatically sent to the developer (doesn't include any personal info). If you experience such an error, all you need to do is wait for the next update and most likely it will be fixed. This article will expose some temporary workarounds to be used until the update.
Try another sharing method (PDF, HTML enc'). The error might be related to the specific sharing method.
Workaround 2: (If you need a PDF)
In this workaround we will export to an html file and then convert it to PDF.
- Open the app, Select the required messages, Tap "Share" and select HTML
- Send the file to your PC or MAC (Send it via your email or any other method)
- Download the file to your desktop (If you sent it via email, don't open it directly)
- Open the downloaded file via Google Chrome.
- Press Ctrl+P (CMD+P for Mac) to open the printing dialog.
- Near "Destination" click on "Change" and select "Save as PDF"
- Click "Save"
You are also more than welcome to also contact the support:
- Please try other methods (like in the first workaround) before you contact. Knowing if the error is related to a specific method will be valuable information in order to fix the issue
- Open the app
- In the 3-dotted menu on the top-right corner, select "help and support"
- Tap on the "support icon on the bottom right"